I have seen many reviews – mostly on forums – of different brands of DE blades. Something that bothered me about it, is that none that I could find were shaving with shaving oil (instead of foam or soap). Another thing I noticed is that the reviews differed quite a bit and most seemed to be based on one shave alone.
This as well as led me to conduct a slightly more scientific approach, where I would shave in the same manner, under everyday conditions, and used a longer time to evaluate a blade.
For the first run I have tested:
- Merkur Super Platinum (made in Germany),
- Derby Extra (made in Turkey),
- Gillette Platinum (made in Russia),
- Mem Super Silver Platinum (made in Serbia),
- Müller M-Man (made in Israel),
- Wilkinson Sword (made in Germany),
- Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum (made in Japan); and
- Dorco Platinum ST-300 (made in Korea).
The results are recorded on a separate page called My favourite razor blades for shaving with oil, which will be regularly updated.
hook out → very happy not to have to log all my shaves any more for a while ☺