Earlier today I was at my alma mater – the Ljubljana Law Faculty – for the viva voce of my master’s thesis on the topic of “Fiduciary Licence Agreement – New Challenges”.
I am ecstatic to report that I passed with flying colours – 10/10, cum laude!
Which, as of today, makes me a univerzitetno diplomirani pravnik – i.e. Master of Laws.
The thesis itself covers:
- the history of the Fiduciary Licence Agreement,
- how it was used by the projects that use it,
- what challenges it faces after its last update 9 years ago – e.g. patents, trade marks, outbound licensing, and readability,
- compatibility with more jurisdictions, and – of course –
- suggested modifications and improvements.
Ultimately, the point of my thesis is to prepare for an update of FSFE’s FLA and I am happy to report that based on those outcomes we are already working on an “FLA 2.0”3.
hook out → brews up a fancy new Oolong to celebrate … *sip* aaaaaah ☺
I am quite proud of the code. I also wrote – with ample help from the ConTeXt community – the quotations system and style to not just look pretty, but also match our faculty’s strict rules. Feel free to use it for your own theses or documents. ↩
Has to be under Slovenian law, unless an exception applies – which it did not. ↩
Working title, as one of the open topics is still to find a term that produces less ambiguity than “fiduciary” across many jurisdictions. ↩