Dear LazyWeb, as you might have noticed (or not) – I've just updated my White Emoticons that work.
That's all fine and dandy, but the blasted theme won't work in KDE4's Kopete!
I've checked and double-checked the syntax of the
emoticons.xml and it seems correct in itself and compared to the
emoticons.xml file that comes with the built-in "kde4" theme.
So I've been poking around a bit and figured this out:
- Adding it via the Kopete's built-in KNewStuff2 (i.e. from the "Get New Themes" button/dialog in Kopete's emoticon settings) results in the theme not showing at all.
- Adding the local tarball (i.e. using the "Install Theme File" button/dialog in Kopete's emoticon settings) results in:
- all the emoticons showing correctly with their bindings in the "Emoticon Themes Manager"
- in the dialog where you can select which installed emoticon theme you wish to use, half of them do not show up at all, while some of the rest gets duplicated
- in the chat window itself it again doesn't show all of the emoticons from the theme
And after hours of messing about I haven't figured out what's wrong. I'm in such lack of wrongness, that I'm almost willing to submit a bug report and blame the Kopete devs for the problem. :/
So, please, dear LazyWeb, be so kind and point me into the direction on how to solve this problem so Kopete users (me included, but not exclusively) can have a woring set of White Emoticons that work again!
P.S. Yes, now:
I CAN HAS CAT I CAN HAS LION I CAN HAS BEAR
hook out → going to sleep